Monday, May 11, 2009

FANTASTIC BOOK!


This book is long over due! Kudos's to all you Mom's out there that make great sacrifices to stay home with your kids. I do not think you get enough praise, neither does Dr. Laura. I gave this to my daughters and daughter-in-laws for Mother's Day. I am so proud of all of them for the great Mom's that they are. You have the hardest job out there. Do not let anyone make you feel less important for what you do every day. You are each heroes to me. I know there are always extenuating circumstances for some and if they could choose to be home they would. But this post was meant for those of you that have the opportunity to be home! I salute you!

5 comments:

Celeste said...

I started this book a couple of days ago and cannot put it down. It is excellent and certainly validates stay-at-home mom, or "homemakers" as we should be called. I love it! Thanks mom. And thank you for inspiring me to become a homemaker.

The Draper's said...

I started reading it yesterday and so far its really good! I can't wait to read the rest of it! Thank you mom!

Bryan and Moriya Olsen said...

I don't know why I still haven't gotten that book. I've read all her others and loved them! Thanks for reminding me about it...

Uffens Family said...

Love that book Becky...and pretty much love Dr. Laura :)
Hey question for you for you to think about...really would love to pick your brain with photography?? I love it!! But have not had any training. I take lots of pics...but am at a stand still with my progress :) I need some pointers and didn't know if you have any time to spend with me and my girls?

valerie said...

Just discovered your blogspot (I have one too)! Haven't read the book, but I'm sure it is great! As I mentioned on Facebook, I worked for 28 years. I consider myself a late bloomer, however. I married at 33 yrs., had my first girl at 35 and my second at 40! As it turned out, I was able to have a career AND be an at home mom! I truly believe that God knew my girls would need me at home during their teen years more than their early years. Thankfully, a friend kept both girls in her home from 6 weeks of age until 4 yrs old, when they went to pre-school. God orchestrated my life so much better than I ever could have!