Sunday, November 2, 2008

My Mother


Today is my Mom's birthday. She would be 75. I miss her more with each passing year. I wanted to pay tribute to the life she lived, and praise her for the legacy she left behind. Her devotion to my Dad , to her children, and to her God have guided my life. She was a woman of many talents and was constantly learning something new. There was no idleness in her life. She taught me to serve, to sacrifice, and how to work hard. My children and grand children are so blessed to have such a woman as my mother to look up to. They can be proud of the legacy left by their Nana. I hope that in some small way I can bring honor to her good name by the way I live my own life!

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh Becky you are such a neat lady. I am sure that your mom has always been proud of the person that you are! What a nice tribute.

The Evans said...

I think that you are more like her than you know. You are the hardest worker I know. You sacrifice so much to serve others. I wish I could have known Nana longer, but I have no doubt that my boys will learn great things from you.

kimberlee shaffer said...

I agree with the above comments. I think you are so amazing and I have always looked to you as a role model. Aren't we such lucky women to have amazing examples as mothers! Thank you for sharing (=

The Draper's said...

I miss Nana too, a lot more lately than I did at first. You do remind me a lot of her. I love seeing You, Aunt Valerie, and Aunt Deborah, because each of you look like Nana in different ways. I think of her everytime I see one of you.

gtolboe said...

What a sweet, precious tribute to your mother.
You are an inspiration to me!! I feel blessed to know you and love feeling of her and your legacy. Certainly a blessing to the whole world. Thank you for your example.

Anonymous said...

This post touched my heart. You are also a great mother and have raised wonderful children.